Today is Day 4 of my Do-For-You 30 Day Challenge. The previous posts are above, if you’ve missed them.
For September 4th, the challenge is To Make Your Own Happiness a Priority!
I believe we all deserve happiness. I hope you do, too! I believe we all can create it for ourselves.
The issue with this idea of happiness is the combating of expectations. We have this preconceived description of the idea. It’s a list of a, b, c, and d that must be accomplished to be happy. It’s a series of events before we can be happy.
What I hope we all remember, today, is the quote
How do you create your happiness?
- Do what makes you feel joy.
- Do things for others.
- Give! Food, clothes, money, whatever.
- Sing, loud and for the whole world to hear.
- Give yourself grace. You’re not perfect; and, that’s OK.
- Rest! Eat! Laugh!
- Spend time in your favorite place (granted it’s a healthy location, like a garden or reading chair.).
- Smile! If not for no reason at all. Smiling is contagious.
- Practice gratitude.
However you do it, remember you deserve it! You deserve it just as much as anyone else. The one and only way you will have it; though, is to create it yourself.
Thank you for stopping by 💚
Until next time,